Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Google Maps

This is a discussion on Google Maps within the Galaxy S5 General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy S5 Forum category; I can no longer save maps since updates. Last time I saved a map I remember swiping up. Any ideas what has changed on the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Miller6386
  • 1 Post By JDRacerDad

Thread: Google Maps

Member #

Google Maps

I can no longer save maps since updates. Last time I saved a map I remember swiping up. Any ideas what has changed on the Samsung Galaxy S5. Any help will be appreciated. I have tried everything to get to a "save" to put the map in "Your Places" and no luck. Thank you.
    Last edited by Parkerone; 04-22-2018 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Typo error

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkerone View Post
    I can no longer save maps since updates. Last time I saved a map I remember swiping up. Any ideas what has changed on the Samsung Galaxy S5. Any help will be appreciated. I have tried everything to get to a "save" to put the map in "Your Places" and no luck. Thank you.
    Sorry for the delay. Long press on the location and select more info in lower left.Google Maps-screenshot_20180422-150404_maps.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    JDRacerDad likes this.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.
    ~Fred Bear~

Member #
    Thanks Miller, I had stopped using it.
    Miller6386 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkerone View Post
    I had a similar problem with my Maps App sometime back. I couldn't save any map. Luckily, I found this youtube video that indicated that such issues crop up after some updates. So the instructions were to clear the Cache and the data then click uninstall updates. THis process removes the updates and give you back the factory version. Lo! and behold - my galaxy S5 started working. I now can save my locations and even the voice is there. I have not tried it out driving yet but if I got all this which I didnt before Im sure it will work.

Remove Ads

Sponsors