Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Share your Galaxy S5 photos

This is a discussion on Share your Galaxy S5 photos within the Galaxy S5 General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy S5 Forum category; OK, a nice view near Death Valley, CA Sent from my SM-G900V...

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Share your Galaxy S5 photos

Member #
    OK, a nice view near Death Valley, CA

Sent from my SM-G900V
    pixeline, Rosalie, pchain and 1 others like this.
    An Efin production

Member #

Kalk Bay Harbour this morning

S5 Rocks

Wayne
    pixeline, Rosalie, da2zoe and 2 others like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Member #

Cape Town

S5 Rocks

Wayne
    pixeline, Rosalie, pchain and 4 others like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Member #
    Nice Pix, everyone
    Using Tapatalk

Member #
    As you probably know by now, I took up bike riding last year and so did my wife. We finally have a hobby we both like, and exercise is involved as we get older. Anyway, a new rail trail is partially finished near our place but we rode the whole trail, including the unfinished area. Yes, I like putting my bike in the pictures, sorry, it's a habit I picked up while photographing my motorcycle. Anyway, here goes:

A very old tunnel that was blasted out in the 1800s when the trains ran through.

At the base of Chiques Rock in Marietta, PA:

The new bridge that just opened that takes the trail across Little Chiques Creek:

And, what better way to end the day than sit outside and relax with wings and a couple Dogfish Head IPAs:

CR6, Rosalie, da2zoe and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Here's a few that I took today at the Cincinnati Zoo.

Danvee, Rosalie, CR6 and 3 others like this.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?

Current: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Rooted
    Retired: Galaxy Nexus - Rooted

Member #

I've shared this over on DF (and C started a convo with a teaser on the S3 Forums showing only the cracked screen with no explanation) but I thought it would be appropriate to post here as well...this is, after all, the S5 Forum!

Aiy yai yai!! Had sickening moment late this afternoon just 2 weeks after getting my S5. My heart sank and some very colorful and inappropriate phrases flew around as I watched my beautiful S5 bouce off the cement curb - screen first. I knew it was going to be bad and almost didn't want to pick it up.

There is a happy ending though. Just last week I had Verizon put on one of their tempered glass screen protectors. WHEW! I was a nervous wreck until the VZ guy took it off...but my S5 screeen was totally pristine and untouched! Not even a little mark or scratch! Had it not been on my phone, my screen would have been toast.

I highly, highly recommend getting one of these! Both my hubby and I kept our S3's nekkid and they still look great more than 2 years later, but I had a feeling I should get something for my S5...and am SO SO glad I followed that instinct! Quite honestly, I got the tempered glass protector primarily because it does a great job reducing fingerprints and smudges. My hubby liked how nicely it feels that he got one as well.
    Last edited by da2zoe; 07-13-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    Rosalie, Vulcan1600 and Rrtid54 like this.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking that created them."-Albert Einstein

Member #
    Have you had a chance to compare the sensitivity of the screen with and without the glass protection ?

I'm thinking about getting one for the big guy, but I truly love my screen the way it was made by mother Nature (or rather Sammy )

Swyped from the Big Guy ✔
    Last edited by pixeline; 07-13-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    Minds are like parachutes ... they only function when open

Member #
    I'm with you, Pix. That's why I kept my S3 nekkid for over 2 years and my Droid Charge for over 1 full year. I didn't want to sacrifice the smooth feeling of the screen just to resist scratches that I never got.

I used my S5 with no screen protector for about 5 days before I got the tempered glass. I didn't notice any change in the glide with either my finger or my stylus.

This tempered glass is crazy good! It's super smooth just like the nekkid screen - and what's even better is that smudges hardly show. I was always wiping my screens and have soft cloths everywhere (I have over 10 in various places from my car, purse, bedroom, living room, kitchen, etc) so I could quickly wipe fingerprints and/or makeup off my screen anywhere I happened to be.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how how nice the tempered glass feels! CR liked how mine felt so much that he went and got one too. And that's saying a lot as he has run nekkid screens since way back on his Fascinate! The ones we got from VZW weren't too bad price wise. They're $25 here - but we have a 25% company discount bringing them down to $18.

I say go for it...imo you really have nothing to lose.

EDIT: There was not a warantee or guarantee so I had to pay for another one. But that still beats the $100 I would have had to fork out to insurance for a replacement phone - and those are usually refurbished.
    Last edited by da2zoe; 07-13-2014 at 01:29 AM.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking that created them."-Albert Einstein

Member #
    That was my main concern Pix and to be honest, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between having the tempered glass protector on your phone and not having it. I know that's hard to believe but I promise you, you won't even notice it's there. I would have easily paid twice what I did had I known what I know now. The fact that it significantly reduces fingerprints as well, is just icing on the proverbial cake!

tap'n on my S5

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsors