Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Galaxy S5 Waiting Lounge

This is a discussion on Galaxy S5 Waiting Lounge within the Galaxy S5 General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy S5 Forum category; This will serve as our waiting lounge for the Galaxy S5. Post in here once you've pre-ordered one as well....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy S5 Waiting Lounge

Member #

Galaxy S5 Waiting Lounge

This will serve as our waiting lounge for the Galaxy S5. Post in here once you've pre-ordered one as well.
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Debating on getting one... I will wait to see what accessories hit for it.

Member #
    Not saying I won't be getting one... but right now, it does not tick enough boxes for me (possibly because I dont know it well enough)

So, I'll be reading a lot of the stuff on this Forum...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanLouis33 View Post
    Not saying I won't be getting one... but right now, it does not tick enough boxes for me (possibly because I dont know it well enough)

So, I'll be reading a lot of the stuff on this Forum...
    At your age ticking that many boxes could be dangerous.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.
    ~Fred Bear~

Member #
    Thankfully, no ticker problem... :thumbup:

"Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9205 avec Tapatalk"

Member #
    Was at the Mall today and stopped by the Sammy Shop. They are taking orders for the S5 @ $750. to be delivered on April 14th.

I passed as I know the price will drop 30 days after launch. I want to see the colors as well.

They did not know which processor or the amount of RAM. It's rumored that the international version will have 3 Gig

Member #
    Well can we change the Theme of this thread to those waiting on the update to 4.4.4 or .5, I'm still on 4.4.2 and no update coming AT&T so far?
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 12-13-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Member #
    Who's your carrier Clint? You also have the S5 "Active" correct? From previous experience with the Original Galaxy S, S2, S3 & S4...for some reason OS updates for the Active version of these devices have always taken a little longer to release than the standard models. Then of course it's "carrier dependent". For example I'm on Verizon and it's always taken at least a couple of months longer for them to push out OS updates, compared to AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile etc.

Have you tried connecting to your PC and checking for an update through KIES? There have been many instances where folks haven't been able to update OTA, but then go through KIES and the update goes right through. It's worth a try, if you haven't checked already.
    Good luck & keep us updated!

S5 tap'n

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Who's your carrier Clint? You also have the S5 "Active" correct? From previous experience with the Original Galaxy S, S2, S3 & S4...for some reason OS updates for the Active version of these devices have always taken a little longer to release than the standard models. Then of course it's "carrier dependent". For example I'm on Verizon and it's always taken at least a couple of months longer for them to push out OS updates, compared to AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile etc.

Have you tried connecting to your PC and checking for an update through KIES? There have been many instances where folks haven't been able to update OTA, but then go through KIES and the update goes right through. It's worth a try, if you haven't checked already.
    Good luck & keep us updated!

S5 tap'n
    yes, I'm really hard on cell phones so I use the Active in a Otter Box and hooked up with AT&T, I'll patiently wait!!

2014-12-29 Update uploaded the latest update to Kies, no update for S5 Active there either I'll just use my Cannon for photos until I can by default save my pictures to SD Card.

2015-02-01 still not update beyond 4.4.2 Still waiting

2015-02-07 Ok I just downloaded 4.4.4 so I guess I'll quit waiting

2015-04-16 Ok I just downloaded 5.0 Lollypop, all seems to be still working well nice to have Do Not Disturb back.
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 04-16-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Member #
    I might be a little late, but I have been waiting for one for the last 2 weeks. Purchased one from Unlocked Cells in Florida. Received a couple of days ago only to find it was a G900W8, or it was a Canadian phone! Went to their site to chat. The Rep first typed "Oh, no". Well, I knew I was in trouble. I sent back the phone, and just bought another WITH the guarantee that it was locked, or unlocked to AT&T. When they get the first phone they will issue a charge back. What is the model number for a phone that was on AT&T? I learned from my local AT&T store that the different carriers have different things on them. I did have some fun with that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsors