Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

How the Galaxy S5 stacks up against some of the competition

This is a discussion on How the Galaxy S5 stacks up against some of the competition within the Samsung Galaxy S5 vs the Competition forums, part of the Galaxy S5 Forum category; ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By wicked
  • 1 Post By Miller6386

Thread: How the Galaxy S5 stacks up against some of the competition

Member #

How the Galaxy S5 stacks up against some of the competition

UltraDroid, CR6, Jeffrey and 2 others like this.

Member #
    I STILL love the front facing speakers on the HTC.... I wish more manufacturers would go to LARGER speakers either in the bottom or on the front.. Something I could listen to my podcasts without the need for head phones.
    JeanLouis33 likes this.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.
    ~Fred Bear~

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    I STILL love the front facing speakers on the HTC.... I wish more manufacturers would go to LARGER speakers either in the bottom or on the front.. Something I could listen to my podcasts without the need for head phones.
    + 1 ... WHY?

Swyp'd @ S3
    Minds are like parachutes ... they only function when open

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    I couldn't agree more Miller !!! I cannot understand the rage of positioning speakers so that they face in the opposite direction to the user's ears !!!!!!!!!

WHAT OTHER DEVICE does this?? Your stereo ? Your Boombox? Your TV ? It is idiotic. I am a Samsungaholic, so the HTC is not on my shopping list,
    but two phones deserve a mention: the Note 3 and its (albeit tinny sounding) speakers on the bottom edge of the phone, and my beloved Mega 6.3
    which does have the speaker on the back, BUT the best sounding one I have ever seen (ooops, heard) on a phone. Close to an average handheld radio set.

I must have a listen on a HTC...

Member #
    I would love to be able to listen to podcasts (not music of course) without loudspeakers or headset on my S3, and I sometimes do. But it's not a great experience by any means ...

Swyp'd @ SGS2

Member #
    The positioning of the speakers have never bothered me personally. 1. the speakers are much too small to make a major impact, unless you're in a small & fairly quiet room, & 2. quality ear buds make for a much more enjoyable listening experience.
    Of course that's just how I've always used my phone. When I'm at work, I connect to some inexpensive, but decent Altec Lansing speakers.
    That said, I wholeheartedly agree with you guys that it only makes sense to put the speakers on the front of the device.
    I'm still hoping they will surprise us with that rumored F series. If not, that's OK too.... It'll still be a decent upgrade over my S3.

tap'n

Member #
    Think the bottom of the phone is all right too. My geriatric iPhone 4 sounds quite decent

Swyp'd @ SGS2

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pixeline View Post
    Think the bottom of the phone is all right too. My geriatric iPhone 4 sounds quite decent
    Swyp'd @ SGS2
    Just like the Note 3... yes, it makes the sound much more audible, particularly the trebles...

Remove Ads

Sponsors