Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Help Please - File Recovery SW Not Working to Recover Deleted Video

This is a discussion on Help Please - File Recovery SW Not Working to Recover Deleted Video within the Galaxy S5 Help forums, part of the Galaxy S5 Support Forum category; Somehow I deleted a very important video from my Verizon Galaxy S5. It wasn't saved in the cloud or any other external storage. I set ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By CR6
  • 1 Post By dennyjones
  • 1 Post By EfinTDI

Thread: Help Please - File Recovery SW Not Working to Recover Deleted Video

Member #

Help Please - File Recovery SW Not Working to Recover Deleted Video

Somehow I deleted a very important video from my Verizon Galaxy S5. It wasn't saved in the cloud or any other external storage. I set my phone to Developer Options, USB Debugging. Then I ran 2 different photo/video/audio recovery programs - Dr Fone and Jihosoft Android Recovery. Neither program recovered ANY files. Does anyone know what else I can do to get that video back?
    I'm new to this (and any other) Android forum. But I did research recovering files and saw a lot of suggestions to use the applications I've already tried.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Michigan, the land of perpetual cloudiness
    Hopefully someone will be along soon and give you some help. I've not had any luck retrieving deleted information.

Welcome to the forum.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, if it was saved to your phone, it's more than likely gone for good. If it was saved to your external sd card, one of these recovery programs would have been you're only option.
    I can tell you though that I've seen this very question asked dozens of times on dozen of different forums with a dozen different Android devices over the past 5-6 years, and I have yet to see a single response where someone has recovered a deleted file, photo, video etc. I'm telling you this because there are a LOT of scams out there that will ask you to pay for a recovery app or program and they simply don't work.
    Tenorshare, Android Data Recovery, Recuva and countless others all claim to recover your lost files. The problem is, it will scan your device and tell you it's recovered your files, but then it wants you to buy the "premium" version so you can save/view the recovered files. I have yet to talk to anyone on any of our forums, that has actually had this work for them
    Now, if we were talking about recovering a file from your Windows or Mac pc, that's another story. While difficult, you have a much better chance of recovery.
    I'm sorry, I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I hate to be the one to tell you. I just don't want you waste your money on something that isn't going to work.
    Hang in there and maybe one of our other members know of something new that can help you.
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Member #
    Michigan, the land of perpetual cloudiness
    so elegant!

bad sadly true.
    EfinTDI likes this.

Member #
    Yes, well said, and sad that there are scammers in the development field too.
    And I agree, once deleted, it's gone.
    Great time to get a cloud service set up to backup pictures and videos.
    I use Copy, but there are others as well. Setup is required as with all type applications.
    CR6 likes this.
    An Efin production

Member #
    Use Google Photos or Dropbox to back up your photos and videos next time, it will be big help when you accidently deleted something.
    Try this tutorial to recover deleted video from Samsung S5, maybe useful.

Remove Ads

Sponsors