Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Mark Zuckerberg had social media accounts hacked

This is a discussion on Mark Zuckerberg had social media accounts hacked within the Galaxy S5 News & Site News forums, part of the Samsung Galaxy S5 category; Interesting story from our Editor & Chief @dgstorm on Android Forum at DroidForums.net If you have been starting to worry that your online presence is ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Michaelo75
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Mark Zuckerberg had social media accounts hacked

Member #

Mark Zuckerberg had social media accounts hacked

Interesting story from our Editor & Chief @dgstorm on Android Forum at DroidForums.net

If you have been starting to worry that your online presence is easily compromised, then this report will NOT do anything to allay those fears. If you have always assumed that we are all easily hacked, then you have probably been right the whole time. The latest news worthy hacking success seems to prove that.

Mark Zuckerberg himself had several of his own social media accounts hacked over the weekend. The Zuck's Twitter, Pinterest and maybe his Instagram accounts were breached on Sunday. Supposedly, the way his accounts were hacked was because of the LinkedIn security breach from back in 2012.

Basically Zuckerberg doesn't get on those accounts anymore and didn't ever bother to change the passwords. When the LinkedIn account passwords were compromised (something that came to light only recently), a group called OurMine was able to get hold of Zuck's password which was supposedly "dadada." This was the same password he used for Twitter, Pinterest and his Instagram accounts, so he was easily compromised. The OurMine group claimed responsibility for the hack, but also indicated that they were simply trying to raise awareness.

Thanks stormy!

Member #
    I'm surprised someone like MZ would use such a simple password. Let alone using the same password for all of his accounts.
    This would be an interesting poll to see how simple or complex our forum members passwords are, & how often they change them.
    Aside from forum passwords, the ones I use for email, Amazon/shopping sites, banking, etc. have always been pretty complex. I use both lower case & capital letters multiple times as well as numbers & special characters throughout. Since I was required to change my passwords at work every two months (on 5 different programs no less), I got into the habit of changing my personal passwords at the same time. I don't trust programs that store my passwords on any of my devices or in the cloud, so I've always physically written them down & kept them in a secure location.

Are there programs out there that people like? How often do you change your passwords and do you make them as complex as possible, or are you more concerned with making them easy to remember?
    What do you guys/gals think?

S5 tap'n

Member #
    I have 2 passwords I use for everything. Not complex but not plain Jane either....

Dadada may be simple at first glance but appears to be very random and "off the radar"

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.
    ~Fred Bear~

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Interesting story from our Editor & Chief @dgstorm on Android Forum at DroidForums.net

If you have been starting to worry that your online presence is easily compromised, then this report will NOT do anything to allay those fears. If you have always assumed that we are all easily hacked, then you have probably been right the whole time. The latest news worthy hacking success seems to prove that.

Mark Zuckerberg himself had several of his own social media accounts hacked over the weekend. The Zuck's Twitter, Pinterest and maybe his Instagram accounts were breached on Sunday. Supposedly, the way his accounts were hacked was because of the LinkedIn security breach from back in 2012.

Basically Zuckerberg doesn't get on those accounts anymore and didn't ever bother to change the passwords. When the LinkedIn account passwords were compromised (something that came to light only recently), a group called OurMine was able to get hold of Zuck's password which was supposedly "dadada." This was the same password he used for Twitter, Pinterest and his Instagram accounts, so he was easily compromised. The OurMine group claimed responsibility for the hack, but also indicated that they were simply trying to raise awareness.

Thanks stormy!
    Mark should have more complicated. dadada is simple and plain. I think you should put number and Uppercase too.

Member #
    Even Mark can got hacked. Welp gotta increase my social media password to higer difficulty now. Gotta learn from Mark.
    CR6 likes this.
    USB charger for your Galaxy S5 phones.

Member #
    Yeah, I made habit of changing my passwords every three months or so. The company I used to work for made us do this and I used to hate it. As the years went on and more and more hacks were reported, I adopted the practice for home & mobile, so now it's not as frustrating as it's second nature.

S7 Edge tap'n

Remove Ads

Sponsors