Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Viewing videos

This is a discussion on Viewing videos within the Galaxy S5 Video forums, part of the Galaxy S5 Extras category; Hello everyone I have a serious problem viewing videos a bunch of my buddies have iphone's and I have the s5 from T mobile they ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CR6
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Viewing videos

Member #

Viewing videos

Hello everyone I have a serious problem viewing videos a bunch of my buddies have iphone's and I have the s5 from T mobile they are complaining the that videos they record and send in a group text messages are very pixelated and noviewable and when I send them a video it's the same way. Is it because I'm the only android or the service provider I use

Member #
    Welcome to the forum Jerry! It's not your phone. It does however depend on a few factors. What resolution are you shooting your videos, what size are the videos and what message app are you using to send the videos?
    If you're shooting these videos at a high resolution, depending on the length of the video, the file is going to be huge. Larger files like this aren't meant to be sent via text message and depending on your carrier, there IS a file size limit when sending an mms picture or video. Your message app is more than likely downsizing the video because the file is too large. It also depends upon your carrier. Some carrier's allow larger mms files than others. Try changing your resolution before shooting the video. Shooting at a lower resolution doesn't mean the video won't look good, especially if it's only being viewed on another phone.
    You can also try using a third party message app. (Some, like GoSMS, will allow up to 5mb before being downsized, as long as both parties are on 4G)
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Member #
    That's what I thought CR6 but every one else in the group text can watch a perfectly good video between the iphones but when add me to the group it's noviewable

Member #
    Thx for the welcome

Member #
    Yeah, this has been been an issue between iPhones and Android for years. Even sending a simple photo from an iPhone to an Android can be problematic from time to time. Sending from one iPhone to another always works great of course, and visa-versa, but there's some type of compatibility issue within the two operating systems that causes this. Smartphone users have complained about this particular problem for years. I know it's not much consolation, but just know that it's nothing you're doing wrong.

As I mentioned, your best bet would be to try a few different messaging apps. Most of them are free on the Play Store so it won't cost you anything but a little time to try them out and see which one works best for you. Many folks have had great success by simply using an alternate app.
    My app suggestions would be: GoSMS, Textra, Chomp or Handcent. These are all great third party messaging apps that provide a much better user interface and customization options over the stock app.
    You might also check out Hangouts, which should already come stock on your device.
    Keep in mind that with all of these apps, you'll need to go into the app settings and adjust the separate MMS settings to allow the maximum MB transmission over 4G.
    If/when trying different messaging apps don't forget to remove all traces of one messaging app before proceeding on to the next. (This will prevent any conflicts that may occur from leftover cache files, settings etc)

To uninstall said messaging app completely you'll want to go into Settings, Applications, scroll down and select the messaging app you want to remove. From there scroll to the bottom and click on "clear defaults", "clear cache", "clear data", "force stop" and then "uninstall".
    That's it. Reboot your phone for good measure and then proceed to the next messaging app you'd like to try. Hopefully you'll be able to find one that will be a little more compatible with your iPhone using friends.
    Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions along the way.

S5 tap'n

Member #
    I appreciate it CR6 I had Gosms some years ago I'll give them a try

Member #
    I've used all of them at one point or another. But I've stuck with Handcent ... for one reason. When someone sends me a pic, it'll show up on my home screen right away - I don't have to tap anything to see it.

I haven't found any other app with that ability. I have a couple of very photo happy friends who like to share their pics, so for me it's very convenient. Used Handcent for quite some time now - and we're very happy together

Swyped ✔
    Minds are like parachutes ... they only function when open

Remove Ads

Sponsors