Close
Login to Your Account
Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

H3G (Three uk) Firmware

This is a discussion on H3G (Three uk) Firmware within the Galaxy S5 ROMS forums, part of the Galaxy S5 Development category; Can anyone please advise me, I have an S5 purchased new in the UK running stock firmware, I want to flash Three's latest f/w to ...

Thread: H3G (Three uk) Firmware

Member #

H3G (Three uk) Firmware

Can anyone please advise me, I have an S5 purchased new in the UK running stock firmware, I want to flash Three's latest f/w to it as that is what is required to access their recently launched VoLTE upgrade. However, when I attempt to do this via Odin it fails because the image is too large. A friend mentioned needing to change the pit file but I'm unsure where I would obtain this? Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Welcome to the site.
    Can we get more details on the exact error you are getting? I don't recall ever seeing ODIN care about file size

Note 4tified
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.
    ~Fred Bear~

Member #
    Odin fails at the end of the attempted transfer giving a size error. The Three firmware file appears to be much larger than the stock firmware and fails just after the 'hidden' section. Thanks

Member #
    It's been so long since I flashed anything with ODIN. How much storage do you have available on the phone? I just don't see why ODIN would be concerned with file size from what I remember

Note 4tified
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.
    ~Fred Bear~

Member #
    The phone is as new with the stock firmware untouched, I think the pit file determines the partition sizes and it would appear phones purchased from 3 direct have a different pit file from stock

Member #
    Welcome to the forum bps! I agree with Miller, I've never seen Odin give this type of error message in all years I've used it. Very strange indeed.
    Instead of using Odin, try using KIES. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/ Its a great tool, especially if you don't intend to root your device.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Odin and reinstalling another version. What version are you currently using btw?
    There are a number of versions floating around out there, and the S5 requires you use the latest version, which was originally 3.09 when the S5 came out. There is however a newer version (3.10), that may do the trick, so you might try that and see how it works. http://odindownload.net

Good luck and holler if we can be of more assistance.

S5 tap'n

Member #
    Welcome aboard!

sent from my Note ll using Magic
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Hi there bps9770. I wondered if you ever found a solution to your predicament. Im also trying to install H3G firmware so i can use 3's 4G supervoice. Thanks

Remove Ads

Sponsors